Tuesday, May 20, 2014

Crockpot Monkey Bread

So a few days ago I decided we would have breakfast for dinner and I wanted to do something a little different because I'm not a huge bacon, sausage, or scrapple fan so I'm only really left with eggs and toast when we do a big breakfast.  So I came across a recipe for monkey bread using the crockpot and thought I would give it a go!  It smelled amazing and tasted even better, but next time I will let it cook a bit longer because I may have been a little impatient and only let it go until it was just done.  You can find the original recipe and ingredients here!

Ingredients:
    • 1 container Pillsbury Grands Original Biscuits {16.3 oz.}
    • 1/2 cup White Sugar
    • 1/2 cup Brown Sugar
    • 1 tsp. Ground Cinnamon
    • 1 stick Butter, melted
    • Optional: Cream Cheese, softened
Directions:
  • Spray inside of crockpot with non-stick cooking spray.
  • Melt butter in microwave safe bowl, and set aside.
  • Combine brown sugar, white sugar and cinnamon in gallon size ziploc bag, zip up, and shake well to mix together.  Set aside.
  • Cut each biscuit into 6 pieces.
  • Once all pieces have been cut, take each piece one by one and dip into melted butter, then transfer into cinnamon sugar mixture bag.
  • Once all pieces have been added to bag, zip up and carefully shake and gently roll around so all pieces get coated.
  • Pour any remaining leftover butter into bottom of crockpot.
  • Carefully transfer all sugar coated biscuit pieces into crockpot, and spread out along the bottom.
  • Cook on LOW for 2.5 hours, or until done.
  • Optional: top with a little room temperature cream cheese for an extra added bit of deliciousness!
  • Scoop portions out into small dishes, serve and ENJOY!!
Now I did make a few adjustments as well. I added a bit of vanilla to the butter before I dunked the biscuit pieces in.  I also didn't put the sugar into a plastic bag, but instead put it on a plate and just coated each piece and threw it in the crockpot.

Here is a picture of it just about finished:
I don't have any other pictures though because in my haste to fill my belly I forgot that I wanted a picture of it ready to be eaten.  This is definitely something I will make again too because not only did I love it, but Sammy loved it just as much!  Let me know if you make it & if you change anything!

Kimmy

No comments:

Post a Comment