So I am finally getting around to posting a recipe that I am in love with and will be making for dinner next week. I found this while surfing pinterest months ago and made it twice in one night....mainly because somehow I totally messed up the first attempt at making it so if we wanted to have dinner that night I had to figure out something to make. This is super simple to make and can easily feed 5.5 people. I want to say that even my picky eating daughter ate some of the ground beef!
The recipe is called Skillet Pasta & Beef Dinner. The recipe given says that it will serve four people, so you will probably need to adjust a little to make sure there is enough to go around!! I used a the pound of ground beef, but less sauce and probably a pound of noodles. Because I used more noodles and less sauce I found it easier to cook everything separately, throw in the skillet to mix with the sauce and melt the cheese on top. I served a small salad beforehand and garlic bread with the meal!
What you'll need
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 jar pasta sauce
- 8 ounces uncooked rotini pasta
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese (about 4 oz.)
How to make it
- Brown ground beef in 12-inch skillet; drain.
- Stir in pasta sauce and 2 cups of water. Bring to a boil over high heat. Stir in uncooked rotini and return to a boil. Reduce heat to medium and cook covered, stirring occasionally, 14 minutes or until rotini is tender.
- Remove from heat, then sprinkle with cheese. Cover and let stand 5 minutes or until cheese is melted.
Let me know if you try it and how you like it! If you do anything different, let me know too!! I think it might taste even better with some extra flavor like maybe peppers or onions....although onions may make it taste to much like a cheeseburger!
No comments:
Post a Comment