Wednesday, April 9, 2014

Tuna Melt

Hey Kimmy!

So, first up is a Tuna Melt recipe that I found at www.allrecipes.com. The name of the recipe is Best Tuna Melt (New Jersey Diner Style). Here is a link to the recipe. Here is what I used to make 5 servings:

  • 18 oz of canned white tuna in water, drained
  • ~1/2 cup of miracle whip (add however much you like when you make tuna salad)
  • one celery stalk, chopped
  • 1/4 of an onion, chopped
  • salt and pepper to taste
  • 2 tomatoes, sliced
  • 10 slices of swiss cheese
  • 5 slices seedless rye bread
I followed the directions basically how they were given in the recipe online, but I will reiterate them for you here:

1. Preheated the oven broiler.
2. Mixed together the tuna, onion, celery, miracle whip, salt, and pepper.
3. Placed the sliced bread in the broiler for about 1 minute until it was toasted.
4. Removed the bread from the broiler and topped each piece with the tuna mixture. Then topped each piece with 1 piece of swiss cheese. Then placed two slices of tomatoes on each (except hubby's). Then topped the tomatoes with another piece of swiss cheese.
5. Placed the tuna melts back in the broiler for 2-3 minutes until the cheese was melted (and browning; oops!)

Voila! Tuna Melt! 

I have to say, I am not a huge tuna fan but I LOVED this recipe! I will definitely be doing this from now on when I want to have tunafish! You could even make it a sandwich. Hubby did! Let me know if you try it and, if you do, how you like it!

Toodles!
Rebecca

No comments:

Post a Comment